New Adventure in the Himalayas


In about two months, I'll be embarking on another exciting journey! My destination for this trip will be Tibet. I'll be joining my friend, Jon Miller and his friends, Chris Marquardt and Monika Andrae, who are taking a group of photographers on a unique journey through Tibet. We will be trekking to the East Base Camp of Mount Everest and will also be visiting North Base Camp.

This is very exciting in so many ways! During our group's expedition in Tibet, my good friend, Roshan (Dipen) Bhattarai, (as part of another expedition), will be climbing to the summit of Mount Everest. You might remember that Dipen was my personal Sherpa on my last trek to Everest Base Camp in Nepal. I'm hoping to visit with him while at North Base Camp. When our group arrives there, Dipen will be into the acclimatization phase of his summit bid. Our group will spend one day there.


Dipen has generously offered to carry something to the summit for me. I've decided to use this amazing opportunity to help my sister-in-law, Debbie, who is fighting for her life with stage 4 gastric cancer. On my first trek I raised approximately $15,000 to help battle cancer with a site I created, Trekking for Debbie.  (Thanks to all of your generous donations!!)


Debbie took the idea of fundraising to fight cancer and literally ran with it. Out of Trekking for Debbie, she's created Debbie's Dream Foundation, which is dedicated to fighting and finding the cure for gastric cancer.  Her nonprofit foundation has its own bracelets and Dipen will be wearing several of them as he summits Mount Everest!!  The bracelets will be used to raise awareness and money for Debbie's Dream.  I'm very excited to be doing another project like this!

Please stay posted!
Thank you for stopping by. Namaste

No comments: