Debbie's Dream

As I mentioned in my last post, I'll soon be embarking on an awesome journey through Tibet.  While I'm traveling through Tibet (with an amazing group of photographers!) and trekking to the Kanjung Face of Mount Everest, my good friend and amazing Sherpa from my last trek,  Roshan (Dipen) Bhattarai will be preparing to summit the mountain.
Dipen at summit of Mount Everest
As part of my trip, I'll be visiting North Base Camp, where I hope to visit with Dipen before his summit bid.  Dipen has generously offered to carry something for me to the top of the mountain.  It's tough deciding what to give someone to take to the top of the world for you!!!  For me, it was a pretty easy decision.  If you've been following my blog from the start, you'll know that on my last trek, which I named Trekking for Debbie,  I raised $15,000 to help fight cancer.  My fundraising project was dedicated to my sister-in-law, Debbie, who is fighting stage 4 gastric cancer.  My efforts evolved into something much more than I had ever imagined.  Debbie's Dream is Debbie's foundation to raise money and awareness specifically for gastric cancer.


 Climbing to the top of the world is never predictable.  If all goes as planned, you'll see Dipen wearing these bracelets and holding this banner as he summits the mountain.   Debbie and I are very excited about this project.  If you are able, please show your support by donating to Debbie's Dream.  Thanks!

No comments: